Ventured to Frankenmuth On Saturday with my dad, my brother (Ken), and Yasu. It was a good time. We stopped at Souper Café in Bay City, MI to eat some, well, soup… and sandwiches. In Frankenmuth, the first place we went to was Bronner’s Christmas store. … … … It is f**king HUGE. I mean, I have been there before, however this time there were a s**t ton of people which added to the Christmas chaos. My eyes went blurry and I kept getting dizzy from all of the Christmas stimulus in that building. They give you a map… a map of Christmas… a map to find Christmas and to tell you which kind of Christmas is where… And they have a snack bar just in case you spend hours inside that crazy calamity. … It’s like a Christmas Ikea…. Only not… because I love Ikea… and Ikea makes sense and comes with arrows. Anyways, after that we went walking around the town. Frankenmuth is supposed to be modeled after a German, Bavarian town. So naturally, we bought smoked sausage and apple strudel. Ken and Yasu were going to play a game of air hockey, however, after just 2 goals the puck got stuck somewhere in the machine and it was game over. Although, this mishap was redeemed by the fact that this arcade had a bar in it… can they do that??? “Go on kids, go play while mommy and daddy get drunk…” Amusing, no? We stopped by the bead store called The Bead Haven. Every time I go in there I get crazy overwhelmed because I want to buy them all!!! Like Pokémon. And a million different beading ideas pop into my head. We needed to leave before my head exploded. We walked down the street and decided to stop in to the Harvest Coffee Café for a cup of coffee. It was a nice atmosphere. It was a converted house with a lofted area that had a wall of books and some board games. Oh, and an old wooden Native American statue which was standing at the entrance to the kid cave. The kid cave is a small door like area that leads to a space under the stairs/lofted area. So basically you can shove your kids under the stairs while you sip your coffee in peace. It was pretty funny. We left Frankenmuth to head back to Bay City for dinner. Ate pizza at Uno’s Chicago Grill. Deep Dish. All in all a good day.
I have had a wicked craving for watermelon licorice for the past 3 days… The closest I could get was green apple. But it’s okay. I also nabbed some maple nut goodies. Yay!
I’m at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment