Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Story of Muta.

Muta was a stray kitten.  He showed up on Jay’s porch one night, just sitting there on the table.  Jay thought he would just mosey on so he didn’t do much about it.  Later on during the night, Jay had gone outside again.  This time I did too.  There was Mr. Muta sitting on the steps.  This is the first time I had laid eyes on him and he was amazing (especially his crazy whiskers).  So friendly.  I was told not to touch him because he may have something that Jay’s dog and cat could catch.  Jay picked up a rake, or maybe it was a broom, and shooed him off the property.  Well.  A few minutes later, here comes Muta back to the porch.  It was time to let the dog out to pee.  It seemed a good opportunity to chase the cat away.  And it worked… for a little bit.  That night was very cold.  Even inside.  But sure enough, the next morning, there was Muta sitting on the table.  Jay’s mother decided maybe it should be watered and fed.  Apparently, the field in front of their house is used for pet drops a lot… It was probably a drop off kitty. ;_;  After discovering that kitty was indeed very friendly, the search began for a home.  Alas, a home could not be found so easily.  I was sitting on the porch with him and he was such a heartbreaker.  I toyed with the idea of taking him home with me but had concerns because of my mother.  I didn’t know how they would get on.  Eventually Karen (Jay’s Mom) helped me give him a flea bath (he was covered) and set me up with some extra cat stuff they had.  Lucky for me.  I put him in the car, which he didn’t like at all, but after a while of freaking out he settled on my shoulder and together we rode the rest of the way home.  The first words I said to my mother when she opened the door were “don’t freak out” and her first words were “hell no!”  But it turns out that he just fit right in.  The first 3 days he just slept and ate and purred.  He was just skin and bones when I had brought him to live with me.  After a while he regained his strength and now he’s a little rascal! The little shit! I love him to death!    

No comments:

Post a Comment