Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Somosas.


Friday (November 19) I had to run to the bank in Lansing to pay a bill.  So I took my bearded friend Alan with me. It was a really nice day. Very laid back, just hangin’.  Although somewhat rushed because I had to be to work at 3:30 that afternoon.  First we had to stop by our banks in town to mess with our moneys.  My bank was just a bank; however, Alan’s bank came with free travel size lotion. Jealous? Yeah, I know you are.  From there we left for my bank in Lansing, listening to the polka radio station as well as munching on blue-raspberry licorice and Wanda’s oatmeal cookies on the drive. We went to the Hobby Lobby so I could pick up a few crafty supplies. On the way into the store we were discussing the Salvation Army bell ringer that was sitting outside.  I put some change into the bucket as we passed and so not to look like a completely horrible human being next to me, Alan did too. Hehe. We discovered some neat things whilst there. I got earring blanks and a pack of small wooden beads for 50% off each.  Alan also discovered the entire aisle of paintbrushes, which he liked because they had a selection of very fine tipped brushes that he needed for painting his mini’s. I also bought Armour Etch glass etching crème which should prove to be delightfully fun. From there we went to Olga’s for lunch. I ordered a basket of snackers and a Mediterranean sandwhich and Alan ordered a Thai steak wrap which had mangoes on it. Yummy.  We fully intended on having leftover snackers, however they were so yummy we ate them all. Needless to say, we were a bit full after that. Our last stop was at the Oriental Mart. I found some Calamansi fruit soda (fizzy juice) which was awesome! Calamansi, Yuzu, and Kinako are 3 flavors I love but are really hard to find in the states. I picked up some somosas and sesame balls off of the ready to eat hot lunch cart as well.  We also hooked Alan up with some Asian food goodness this day. We got him a little bag of rice, curry, udon, and yakisoba noodles. So, at least for a while, he should be set. We drove back into town and I got ready for work. Alan came to hang out with me for a bit and helped me with the recycling which was nice. All in all a very good day.


New project: Making Somosas.
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment